TripAdvisor wants you to have the opportunity to respond to the notification placed on your property listing. The guidelines for posting a response to notifications are that management responses must be:
- Family Friendly: No profanity, threats, prejudiced comments, hate speech or other non-family-friendly content. No graphic reports of violent criminal activity or reports of first-hand participation in illegal activity.
- Unique and independent: We allow one response per notification posted on our site. Please coordinate with other authorized management or owners of your property to make certain you are the one designated to respond to the notification.
- Original: No quoted material from other sources and no material published elsewhere. This includes correspondence from a guest or other third party.
- Professional: Management responses are posted below the notification. They are read by general TripAdvisor users, and therefore should be written in a manner that is representative of the customer service policies of your business.
- Relevant to all TripAdvisor users: Please do not post a response that includes content irrelevant to the notification. No personal insults or irrelevant comments of a personal nature. No accusations of review fraud. No responses directed to TripAdvisor staff or commenting about TripAdvisor policies. Owner responses must be based on first-hand experiences of management or their staff members.
- Respectful of Personal Privacy: No speculation as to the identity of any reviewers. Personal information of any person, including names, addresses, phone numbers or other information that may be used to identify an individual is prohibited.
- Non-Commercial: No promotional material of any kind, including incentives for guests to visit your property, loyalty programs and URLs that are irrelevant to the review in question. We reserve the right to reject any URL.
- Easy to read: No HTML tags and no excessive ALL CAPS, slang, formatting issues, repeated text, or typographic symbols. Use the correct alphabet for the language in which you are writing. Do not transliterate into another alphabet. Machine translated management responses that are unreadable or incomprehensible will not be accepted. We will reject management responses written in two languages.
If your response complies with these guidelines, it will typically be published within forty-eight hours you will receive notification.