TripAdvisor Travel Guides help you find great things to do in destinations around the world. All travel guides must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Family-friendly – No profanity, threats, prejudiced comments, hate speech, sexually explicit language or other content that is not appropriate for our community. Click here for more information.
- Original – No substantial quoted material from other sources, such as websites, other guides, etc.
- Non-commercial – Links to websites are allowed in travel guides if directly relevant. However, we reserve the right to reject any link for any reason. Promotional material of any kind is not allowed in travel guides.
- Relevant to other travellers – No content that is not relevant to trip planning and research.
- Free of promotion by an owner or agent of a property – Owners or staff of a business are permitted to write travel guides, but they may not recommend their own business in a travel guide.
- Positive in Tone - The Travel Guides are a feature on the TripAdvisor website that members can use as a trip-planning tool. Travel Guide authors should share positive, helpful tips and guidance so that fellow travellers can have the best experience possible in a destination. If you would like to share about a personal opinion or about how a business met your expectations, please submit a review or post in the forums instead.
- Age requirement – No travel guides are permitted from users under the age of 13.
- Valid email address and standard email formatting:
- Each user is only permitted one account/screen name.
- The email address associated with your account must be correct; we may need to contact you if there is a problem with your travel guide.
- No HTML tags and no excessive ALL CAPS, slang, formatting issues, repeated text or typographic symbols.
- Use the correct alphabet for the language in which you are writing. Do not transliterate into another alphabet.
- Do not add unnecessary characters in order to reach minimum character counts.
TripAdvisor reserves the right to remove any travel guide for any reason. We'd like to keep removal of travel guides to a minimum, but we will take the necessary action to keep the feature helpful and welcoming. For more information, visit our privacy guidelines and terms of service.