Our travel map is an interactive way to share the places you have been, want to go to, or love with your friends and family. You can pin cities, towns, some national parks and islands. However, you cannot pin larger regions such as countries, states, and island groups.
There are three ways to add pins to your map:
- Search for city names in the search box above the map.
- Check off cities from the list of popular cities next to the map.
- Double click to zoom in on the map and then click in an area near the city you wish to add.
Our travel map can only display up to 2,000 pins at a time. If you try to add more than 2,000 pins, be aware that they may not be displayed in the map but are still counted in your statistics: percent of the world travelled and the total distance travelled. These statistics are for entertainment value only, and are based on the number of cities that you have pinned and the distance from your home location.
If you have trouble with your travel map, including:
- You cannot find a place on the map that you would like to pin, even after searching for it in the search bar above the map;
- You find a pin in the wrong location;
Contact us providing the location of the place you are trying to pin. Our editors will revise the information provided and make the appropriate changes when needed.