This partnership with Kiva gives eligible TripAdvisor reviewers the opportunity to lend US $25, funded by TripAdvisor, to small business owners and communities in the places they visit. When a member reviews a hotel, holiday rental, restaurant, or attraction in a Kiva-supported country (other than the United States) on select TripAdvisor sites (US (.com), UK, Canada, Ireland, or Australia), that reviewer is eligible to direct a US $25 micro-loan from TripAdvisor to a recipient in that country. Loans are entirely funded through a US $250,000 contribution from TripAdvisor - there is no cost to you to participate.
- Travellers residing in the US, UK, Canada, Ireland, or Australia may participate.
- The review must be for a business located in a Kiva-supported country other than the United States, and must be submitted through one of these TripAdvisor sites: US (.com), UK, Canada, Ireland, or Australia.
- Micro-loan gifts will only be offered for the reviewer's first review for each eligible country.
Here's how it works:
- Log on to www.tripadvisor.co.uk.
- Find a hotel, holiday rental, restaurant, or attraction that you've been to in one of the Kiva-supported countries (other than the United States).
- Add your review on TripAdvisor (US (.com), UK, Canada, Ireland, or Australia sites) so that other travellers may benefit from your experience.
- After submitting a review, you will receive an e-mail from TripAdvisor with information about the micro-loan. This e-mail directs you to Kiva.org, where the US $25 micro-loan gift will be applied.
- Check out the potential borrowers in that country, and select one to receive the micro-loan from TripAdvisor.
That's it! Thanks for helping us make the world a better place.