How to report a major renovation
Congratulations – we bet guests will love the new look! And, yes, if your property's renovation meets our criteria, and substantially changes the traveller's experience, we will delete the old reviews and photos that were written prior to the renovation. This may affect your ranking.
What you need to prove a major renovation
To qualify as a major renovation, top to bottom changes need to be demonstrated such as: a complete overhaul of the lobby or doubling the occupancy. Cosmetic changes, such as new carpets, paint or a new sign, do not qualify. As proof of your completed renovation, you will be asked to submit one of the following documents:
To qualify as a major renovation, all structural changes must be apparent. Please supply at least one of the following forms of documentation as proof of your renovation:
- Online press release with the publication's letterhead documenting the renovation
- Letter from city officials or Tourist Board verifying the scope of renovation and duration of the closure
- Building Permit from local city/government verifying the renovation project
* NOTE: We remove all reviews and photos posted prior to the completed renovation date once your request is approved
Please see how to report your major renovation instructions as per below:
- Sign in to your TripAdvisor account register and verify as the new business representative.
- Go to your Management Centre and hover over "Help and Support" on the top navigation bar and click on "Contact TripAdvisor."
- Select "Update business information" next to "Please tell us what the issue is"
- Select "Report major renovation" next "What do you want to do?"
- Please add the required documents and complete your request via "Submit" button