All posted photos must meet these requirements:
- Family-friendly - No photos, material, or images that are vulgar, pornographic, obscene, profane, illegal, offensive, insulting, objectionable or those containing other content that is not appropriate for our community. No photos may be posted by children under the age of 13.
- Original - No images from other sources. No images that infringe on any copyright, trademark, or other legal property right.
- Relevant to other travellers - No photos, images, or materials that have no relevance to the accommodation, attraction, restaurant, location, or general travel experiences. Click here for more information.
- Non-commercial - No photos that include logos, titles, branding, promotional material, or any other content intended for commercial purposes. Click here for more information.
- Safe files - No photos that are contaminated or infected with a virus or any other corruption that is either intended or may result in damage to the computers and systems of TripAdvisor and/or those using it.
- File properties:
- No single photo file may exceed 5MB in size. All photos submitted to the site must be in .gif, .jpg, .bmp, or .png format.
- Landscape layout (more wide than tall) will generally look better than portrait layout (more tall than wide). All photos will be scaled to fit the standard display boxes on our site.
- Photos should not be altered in any way that distorts the scene being depicted.
- No blurry, dark, or otherwise difficult to view photos.
- No sideways photos. Please rotate photos in our photo uploader before submitting.
TripAdvisor claims no ownership, affiliation with, or endorsement of any photos that are posted on our site. The truthfulness of all photos and captions is assumed by the member who posted them, and their validity is not the responsibility of TripAdvisor. Please note that by uploading photos, you are granting TripAdvisor the non-exclusive rights to use, copy, re-purpose and display those photos at our discretion. Any photo that does not meet one or more of the above guidelines will not be posted, or will be removed.