You can choose to have your name displayed as a screen name - which you can create - or a friendly name consisting of your first name and last initial.
If you create your own screen name, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- To ensure your screen name is unique, use an uncommon word or phrase, or use inventive spelling. For example, [email protected]_d0e, rather than Jane_Doe.
- To protect your personal privacy, do not use your e-mail address as your screen name.
- Screen names should be family-friendly. No objectionable language, including but not limited to: Profanity, Obscenity or vulgarity, Racial/ethnic slurs, Hate speech or prejudiced comments.
- If you are an official representative of a business or destination-marketing organisation on TripAdvisor, you may choose a screen name that reflects the name of your organisation. (In fact, destination-marketing organisations are required to do this.) This is not considered self-promotion.
- You cannot include commercial links or contact information in your screen name.
- Usernames that refer to a public figure are against our guidelines.
Still haven't found your answer? Please e-mail us and tell us your registration issue.