How to report a major renovation
Congratulations – we bet guests will love the new look! And, yes, if your property's renovation meets our criteria, and substantially changes the traveller's experience, we will delete the old reviews and photos that were written prior to the renovation. This may affect your ranking.
What you need to prove a major renovation
To qualify as a major renovation, top to bottom changes need to be demonstrated, such as: a complete overhaul of the lobby or doubling the occupancy. Cosmetic changes – such as new carpets, paint or a new sign – do not qualify. As proof of your completed renovation, you will be asked to submit one of the following documents:
- Online press release with the publication letterhead documenting the renovation.
- Endorsed letter from city officials or Tourist Board on letterhead verifying the scope of renovation and duration of the closure.
Here’s how to report your major renovation:
- Log in to your TripAdvisor account register and verify as the new business representative.
- Visit the owner support page. Be sure to update the 'Your Property' and 'What do you want to do' menu with the option 'Report major renovation'
- Fill in the required information and provide us with the links or licence that we need to verify the changes.