Here are some best practices for submitting reports of potential blackmail to TripAdvisor before the review is submitted.
Instruct employees to share any guest blackmail threats immediately.
Submit a potential blackmail review report as soon as possible via the Management Centre:
- Log in to the Management Centre.
- Click the “Reviews” tab in the Management Centre menu.
- Select “Report a Review”.
- Select "Report fraud" where it says "*Please tell us what the issue is:"
- Select "Report blackmail threat" and complete the form with as much detail as possible.
- Retain as much documentation relating to the report as you can including e-mails, voicemails, etc.
If a low-rated review matching the details of your report is submitted, our support team will be alerted. You may be contacted for additional information that proves blackmail was involved.
Our reporting functionality only works for reviews that have not yet been submitted. It will also only be effective if the information in the review matches what you've included in your blackmail report.
If there is a review that has already been posted that you believe is blackmail-related, you can report the review.
Keep in mind that we cannot guarantee that the review in question will be removed. We handle each blackmail report on a case-by-case basis, and review the direct evidence and peripheral information available to us before making a decision. While the review is being investigated, we recommend you post a Management Response so other travellers can read what you have to say. Read more about blackmail in this guide.