Payment Protection gives guests extra peace of mind when booking a rental through our website. It means that we will offer a full refund for your stay if…
- you’re prevented or denied access to your rental when you check in
- the property is misrepresented (differing substantially to what was advertised)
You are covered up to $10,000, £7,000, or €7000 paid via our payment platform (this depends on the currency in which you made the booking).
What does ‘misrepresentation’ mean?
We consider a property to be misrepresented if there are material differences or defects compared to what was advertised.
Payment Protection does not apply if you make a claim based on the following:
- the cleanliness of the rental
- minor differences in the location of the rental
- the availability of local attractions
- maintenance issues with amenities or services
For details of what is and isn’t covered by Payment Protection, read our full terms and conditions. It also explains what is required when making a claim. If Payment Protection doesn’t apply, but you’d still like report issues about your stay, you can raise your concerns by following our complaints process.
It’s important to remember…
- To be covered by our Payment Protection, you must pay for your stay online using our payment platform (by credit/debit card or PayPal, never by bank transfer). This applies to both the deposit and balance (if you paid in two installments).
- Claims cannot be made if you choose to stay at the property overnight.
- Claims must be submitted by the individual who made the booking.
- You are only eligible for cover if you book a rental with the Payment Protection logo.
How do I make a claim?
Here’s what to do if you need to make a claim:
Call us on 1-855-785-9714 on the first day of the rental period.