Property Videos are available exclusively to accommodation owners with Business Advantage subscriptions. All posted videos must meet these requirements:
- Family-friendly - No videos, images, or materials that are vulgar, pornographic, obscene, profane, illegal, offensive, insulting, objectionable or those containing other content that is not appropriate for our community are permitted. No videos may be posted by children under the age of 13, and must be posted by a member affiliated with the property.
- Original - No videos from other sources are permitted, nor videos that infringe on any copyright, trademark, or other legal property right. It is your responsibility and duty to secure the permission to use the image of any individuals identifiable in the video.
- Relevant to other travelers - All videos, images, or materials posted on Property Videos must have relevance to the accommodation, attraction, restaurant, location, or to general travel experiences. Click here for more information.
- Non-commercial - Videos must be informational in nature. While logos and contact information are allowed, they may not take up more than 10 seconds or 20% of the video's total duration (whichever is less). Inclusion of advertising deals, offers or special privileges in videos is expressly forbidden. Click here for more information.
- Safe files - No videos that are contaminated or infected with a virus or any other corruption that is either intended or may result in damage to the computers and systems of TripAdvisor and/or those using it are permitted.
- File properties:
- No single video file may exceed 3 minutes in length or 500 MB in size. Videos must be in one of the following formats: MPEG4 (.mp4) [recommended], QuickTime (.mov), or .m4v.
- TripAdvisor suggests uploading the highest-resolution video file available. Videos must meet minimum size, bitrate, and resolution standards:
- Minimum resolution: 1280 pixels x 720 pixels for videos with a 16:9 aspect ratio; 640x480 for videos with a 4:3 aspect ratio.
- Minimum bitrate: Bitrate is dependent on encoding. For an MP4 video, videos should have a minimum bit rate of 5MB/s at 720p resolution.
- Framerate: Videos should be in their native framerates (often 24, 25, or 30 frames per second). We do not recommend resampling videos in a different frame rate, as it often erodes quality.
- Videos should be uploaded in their native aspect ratio and should not include letter-boxing or pillar-boxing.
- Landscape layout (more wide than tall) will generally look better than portrait layout (more tall than wide). All videos will be scaled to fit the standard display boxes on our site.
- Videos should not be altered in any way that distorts the scene being depicted.
- No blurry, dark, or otherwise difficult-to-view videos will be accepted.
- No sideways videos will be accepted.
TripAdvisor claims no ownership, affiliation with, or endorsement of any videos that are posted on our site. The truthfulness of all videos and captions is assumed by the owner who posted them, and their validity is not the responsibility of TripAdvisor. You agree to defend and indemnify TripAdvisor and its affiliates from any claims, demands, damages, fines, penalties or other expenses resulting from or relating to your video and/or the display or hosting of your video on the TripAdvisor websites. Please note that by uploading videos, you are granting TripAdvisor the non-exclusive rights to use, copy, re-purpose and display those videos at our discretion. Any video that does not meet one or more of the above guidelines will not be posted, or will be removed.