Here are some best practices for submitting reports of potential blackmail to Tripadvisor before the review is submitted.
You should instruct employees to share any guest blackmail threats immediately.
Submit a potential blackmail review report as soon as possible via the Management Center:
- Log in to the Management Center.
- Click the Reviews tab in the Management Center menu.
- Select Report a Review.
- Select Report fraud where it says *Please tell us what the issue is:
- Under *What do you want to do? select Report blackmail threat
- Answer all the questions and complete the form with as many details as possible.
- If the review hasn't been posted, choose "No." (Read on for what to do if the review has already been posted).
- If this is your first report of this incident, choose "No."
- At this point, you’ll need to provide some additional information, including the month and year of stay as well as the email address and/or the name of the potential reviewer. Please also describe the event at issue in the free form space provided. Try to provide as many details as possible — this information will help us identify the review if it’s submitted at a later date.
If a low-rated review matching the details of your report is submitted, our support team will be alerted. You may be contacted for additional information that proves blackmail was involved.
Our reporting functionality only works for reviews that have not yet been submitted. It will also only be effective if the information in the review matches what you've included in your blackmail report.
If there is a review that has already been posted that you believe is blackmail-related, you can report the review.
Keep in mind that we cannot guarantee that the review in question will be removed. We handle each blackmail report on a case-by-case basis, and review the direct evidence and peripheral information available to us before making a decision. While the review is being investigated, we recommend you post a Management Response so other travelers can read what you have to say. Read more about blackmail in this guide.