Congratulations on your purchase! And, yes, you can start your property with a clean slate on TripAdvisor. To process an ownership change for your listing and to remove photos and reviews written under the previous ownership, we require official proof that ownership has been transferred. Please note that the removal of reviews and photos may affect your ranking.
- An official lease showing that new owner has leased the business or premises for a minimum of 3 years. This is an absolute minimum so a year's lease with an option to extend is not acceptable
- Online press release documenting the change of ownership – this needs to be searchable on Google and on an official website
- A copy of the deeds showing transfer from one owner to another
- Receipt of purchase
- Name and the address of the business
- The date of ownership change
- Signatures of both previous and new owners
- Government body approval - notary, council etc. (where applicable)
Please see how to report your ownership change instructions as per below:
- Sign in to your TripAdvisor account register and verify as the new business representative.
- Visit the owner support page. Be sure to update the 'Your Property' and 'What do you want to do' menu with the option 'Report ownership change'
- Please add the required documents and complete your request via "Submit" button
Once we verify the information, we'll make the appropriate changes to your listing. Please note that only the new owners can initiate this request.