Before requesting a category change, please read our accommodation listing guidelines. If your property's category needs to be updated, please follow the instructions below:
- Log into your Management Center
- Hover over Help & Settings on the top navigation bar and select Contact Tripadvisor.
- Select Update business information next to Please tell us what the issue is
- Select Request change of accommodation type next to What do you want to do?
- Fill out the required information and provide the required documentation.
To be in a particular accommodation category, our editors need to verify one of the following:
- See the required services listed on the accommodation's official website and any reservation partner's website; or
- The specific type of accommodation as defined by local authorities in an official business license issued by a local governmental or tourism authority.
Keep in mind that we don’t accept the following as licenses:
- Health permits
- Food and beverage licenses
- Tax documents
- Fire/police/safety permits
- Insurance documentation
- Any document not provided by an official governmental or tourism source
- Construction permits
- Bank statements
Our editors will get back to you via email in the next 3-5 business days.
For more information check out our Insights Guide.