TripAdvisor lists most types of restaurants. Sit down, café, take out, pubs, diners, and pastry shops are just a few of the different kinds of businesses we list under this category. If a business offers prepared foods of any kind (i.e. sandwich, pastry, ice cream) and is open to the public, it may qualify to be listed as a Restaurant.
For chain restaurants, we will list each restaurant by their individual location. A restaurant that is located within a store or hotel may be listed if it is open to the general public (i.e. an Ikea Restaurant).
We do not list businesses that only offer delivery services. There must be a storefront in which guests are able to visit. Food trucks, however, may be listed if they have a website with a schedule.
Seasonal restaurants may be listed at the editors’ discretion.
Examples of types of business that may qualify for a restaurant listing:
- Sit down
- Take out
- Coffee shops that sell food (sandwiches, muffins, etc.)
- Ice cream shop
- Chain restaurants
- Dessert/pastry shops
- Sandwich shops
- Bars/Pubs that serve prepared food
- Food trucks if they have a website that pinpoints their location
- Restaurants within a business (ex: restaurant within Ikea)
- Supermarkets with a prepared food section and a dining area
- Delivery only
- Bar with few food items (no prepared food)
- Supermarket delis
- Candy/Chocolate shop
- Caterers/Private chef
- Banquet Halls
- Event/Conference facilities
- Restaurants within a hotel that are only open to hotel guests