TripAdvisor lists a variety of types of restaurants. Sit down, café, takeaway, pubs, diners, and pastry shops are just a few of the different kinds of businesses we list under this category. If a business offers prepared foods of any kind (i.e. sandwich, pastry, ice cream), and is open to the public, it may qualify to be listed as a Restaurant.
For chain restaurants, we will list each restaurant by their individual location. A restaurant that is located within a store or hotel may be listed if it is open to the general public (i.e. Ikea Restaurant).
We do not list a business that only offers delivery services. There must be a store front in which guests are able to visit. Food trucks, however, may be listed if they have a website with a schedule.
Seasonal restaurants may be listed at the editors’ discretion.
Examples of types of business that may qualify for a restaurant listing:
- Sit down
- Take away
- Coffee shops that sell food (sandwiches, muffins, etc.)
- Ice cream shop
- Chain restaurants
- Dessert/pastry shops
- Sandwich shops
- Bars/Pubs that serve prepared food
- Food trucks if they have a website that pinpoints their location
- Restaurant’s within a business (ex: restaurant within Ikea)
- Supermarkets that have a prepared food section and tables where you can dine
- Delivery only
- Bar with few food items (no prepared food)
- Supermarket deli’s
- Candy/Chocolate shop
- Caterers/Private chef
- Banquet Halls
- Event/Conference facilities
- Restaurants within a hotel that are only open to hotel guests